CITY INFORMATION OFFICE
To provide people with adequate information which will help them improve their quality of life.
Is to create an enlightened citizenry who can participate meaningfully in the democratic process.
A well-informed citizenry will then be able to understand and discuss on vital issues propelling the city toward lasting peace and development.
· Maintains the information center;
· Assist other departments in carrying communication and information component of their programs;
· Plans and carries out City Information Programs;
· Determines information needs of people;
· Formulates policy and evaluate the effective implementation of information programs;
· Assist public in their research and information needs;
· Establish linkages and coordinates other agencies, organization and other municipalities in carrying out communication, research and information programs of the city.
· Provide the public with accurate, timely and relevant information;
· Distribute IEC materials;
· Produce and distribute city newsletter;
· Transmits and receives communication and directives from other municipalities agencies.
COMMUNITY AFFAIRS SECTION
· Coordinates/Assist in various socio-cultural activities;
· Provide and conduct audio-visual services on government programs and projects:
· Documents all programs; projects and activities of the city
· Provide reference library services;
· Assist readers and researchers in use of library services.