Passi City launched its first ever City Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (CDRRM) Operations Manual and Its Complementary Emergency Handbook.
July 29, 2011 marked a milestone in the history of Passi City. Two renowned events were conducted. The “Walk for A Beautiful Passi” in the morning is an advocacy in beautifying the city to make it cleaner and greener city.
City Agriculture Office Campaigns for Nutrient Manager
Target for 2011 of City Agriculture Office for the number of farmers provided with fertilizer recommendations for rice is 1,000 farmers for two cropping seasons.
Mr. Leopoldo P. Aguilario, City Agriculturist of Passi City, Iloilo ordered the 15 rice Technicians to conduct information dissemination regarding Nutrient Manager for Rice where rice farmers are being interviewed with guide questions and consequently provided with fertilizer recommendations.
Nutrient Manager is a computer tool that generates fertilizer recommendations based on the data provided by the farmer during the interview. To date, the City Agriculture Office has served 116 farmers from Barangays Bita-ogan, Tagubong,Tubod, Bacuranan, sablogon, Arac, Gines Viejo, Bagacay and Aglalana.
The campaign for Nutrient Manager is still going on to the different Barangays of Passi City.
ECONOMIC ENTERPRISE PROJECTS/ACTIVITIES
1. Repair of Drainage System of Main Public Market, Phase I at Fresh Fish/Meat Section.
2. Construction of perimeter fence to enclose the Public Market.
3. Construction of Uniform Cubicles for Halo-Halo Section .
4. Introduce improvements to the Market Structure to improve ventilation and lighting facilities.
5. Construction of pressurized water tank for Hog Washing before stunning.
6. Construction of Public Comfort Rooms along Railway Street and Phase II of Public Market.
7. Upgrading of Slaughterhouse through adding of cold storage facility.
8. Construction of water tank at Main Public market
9. Replacement of old stunning chute with stainless materials.
10. Upgrading of Equipments in compliance with GMP Standards.
11. Computerization of Scale House.
12. Installation of Water System at Slaughterhouse.
Page 1 of 2